The easiest ice cream you'll ever make!

Recently I discovered a post on Pinterest for 1 ingredient ice cream.. All it called for was bananas! Being a lover of all things banana, and simple recipes, I decided to give it a try!
Similar to banana bread, it works best if you let the bananas get very ripe! The riper the banana, and the more brown little specks on it, the more nutritious and flavourful they are! Once they've hit this stage, peel the bananas (I used 2) and cut them into small pieces. Then throw em into a ziplock bag and stash them in the freezer over night. I always like to have bananas in the freezer for smoothie emergencies anyways, so this step was easy for me ;)
Once they're completely frozen.. Toss them into the blender. Mine got pretty thick, and my blender isn't all that great, so I added a little almond milk (really any milk will work, this choice is just great because it's lactose free!) guess that means it's 2 ingredients haha. Use your own discretion here.. Whether you want it to be thick and crunchy.. Or like liquidy.
Easiest ice cream ever with only 2 ingredients!
The final product was great, so I decided to make it even better.. And added vanilla extract and a couple pieces of chocolate. It's so delicious it's comparable to chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.. Without the added calories and sugar.. And dairy free!

Up close and personal with my yummy guilt free dessert.
This is a new favorite for me and I'll definitely be making it again. I think next time I'll make it more festive with peppermint extract and pieces of candy cane.. Or maybe some peanut butter, or Nutella! The options are endless with this easy basic recipe, and you can really add anything to the base and create a delicious healthy alternative to typical ice cream!
Enjoy your dessert friends,
The Rural Runner

NewerStories OlderStories Home

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought of eating a banana that way, except to make baby food! Frozen bananas are a treat, so I am sure these are good!

    ReplyDelete